3.02.2015

a day in D.C.

I've been wanting to go down to Washington D.C. for weeks and this Saturday we finally were healthy and not planning for another snowpocalypse so we made it happen.  We went to the Museum of Natural History, which is not my favorite Smithsonian, but it was probably best for the girls.  They loved all the animals, though it took a little bit to convince them that none of them were real.  Mattie walked around pointing at everything and kept her mouth in a permanent "oooh" shape.  Jilly loved the Hope Diamond (of course) and the butterflies.



^ I need lessons from Jilly on making a great scared face


After lunch at Chipotle we decided to brave a walk down the National Mall.  It was very very cold but sunny so not too awful.  Mattie fell asleep in the stroller and I really wanted to make it all the way down to the Lincoln Memorial.  Bryan and Jilly were troopers and we did it.  This place is so magical; I just love the history and the remembering of so many great people.  It had been a long time since I'd seen the monuments and I was just so happy to be there.  It didn't hurt that I feel like I've been cooped up for so long this darn winter and it felt amazing to be out and doing something so different and exciting.

We ended the day meeting up with Katie and Neal for dinner.  Jilly was so excited to tell Katie all about the "mewseum" and Mattie sat with Neal (which is so funny because Mattie is not overly friendly, and especially not to men but she has a soft spot for Neal.)  We ate delicious Greek food and only spilled one cup of water all over the table so it was a success.    






^ I can't resist a good side-by-side.  Here we are 9 years ago when we were dating- that day was a whole lot hotter and we were a whole lot younger

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I've never been to DC, but it's definitely on my bucket list. Looks like a fun day!

Allison said...

I know you're an old pro at the DC scene, but one of my favorite activities I've done is a sunset bike ride along the path of all the monuments. We rented bikes there and it was really fun and cool.