1. Jilly has two new nine-year-old best friends. They are so sweet and come to our door every afternoon to ask if she can play. I love to watch Jilly join all the big kids riding bikes and playing neighborhood games. It makes her seem so old... until she has a meltdown when she can't keep up, and then she is definitely the ripe old age of 3.
2. Remember how Jilly loves to clean the bathroom? Well Mattie loves cleaning the bathroom too- for the sole reason that the toilet lid is up for a solid 30 seconds. This week she managed to toss in one of Jilly's shoes and a baby doll whilst some cleaning was going on. She also managed to toss my phone into one of her not pleasant diapers, but I'll spare you the details.
3. On Tuesday I watched a few extra kids throughout the day (which I am always happy to do.) But by the time Bryan got home I had been home allllll day and begged for a little breather. I went to Old Navy with the intent to look for some things for the girls but somehow found myself in a dressing room with a pile of clothes. In my defense, nothing I bought was over $10 so it would have been negligent to just leave them there in the store.
4. Mattie is a full-fledged toddly walker and beside the fact that she's too little!!!!!! I love it.
5. We have some Chick-fil-A coupons that are expiring at the end of the month so I thought we'd go this weekend. THEN I remembered that it is Peach Milkshake Season so I called to make sure they had them and yes they do and now they're all I can think about.
Happy Weekend - and go get yourself a peach shake!
Posted by Rachel at 9:00 AM
Posted by Rachel at 8:00 AM
Posted by Rachel at 8:00 AM
Oh Miss Mattie.
It seems like she's growing before our very eyes. Her biggest accomplishment this month was walking of course. She takes more wobbly steps every day and is starting to choose walking over crawling. She loves to wave and has even started waving at dogs when we're out on walks. She gives everyone big big smiles, but is a Mama's girl and doesn't like to be very far away from me. She can out-eat Jilly at mealtimes, still loves babies, and knows exactly what she wants and gets very upset when she doesn't get it. She's our favorite baby in the whole wide world.
As Mattie gets older, she and Jilly are becoming the best of friends. When we hear Mattie wake up from a nap, Jilly always runs in first and climbs in the crib to play with Mattie til I get there. Jilly loves to play hide-and-seek and Mattie knows exactly what "Where's Jilly?" means, and is actually pretty good at finding her sister (Jilly isn't a very quiet hider.) And when they find each other the giggles are out of control. The girls' car seats are right next to each other and since Mattie faces backward they look right at each other. They're constantly sharing snacks, holding hands, and laughing as we drive around. (Naturally, they also fight a lot, but I wouldn't expect any less from sisters.) One of my very favorite things about their relationship is Jilly's nickname for Mattie. For a few months now Jilly has been calling her "Dee Doh" and lately she's shortened it to "Dee." I have no clue where she came up with this kooky name, but it looks like it's around to stay- she hardly ever calls Mattie by her real name. And, it seriously cracks me up.