4.25.2014

friday five

1.  Jilly has two new nine-year-old best friends.  They are so sweet and come to our door every afternoon to ask if she can play.  I love to watch Jilly join all the big kids riding bikes and playing neighborhood games.  It makes her seem so old... until she has a meltdown when she can't keep up, and then she is definitely the ripe old age of 3.


2.  Remember how Jilly loves to clean the bathroom?  Well Mattie loves cleaning the bathroom too- for the sole reason that the toilet lid is up for a solid 30 seconds.  This week she managed to toss in one of Jilly's shoes and a baby doll whilst some cleaning was going on.  She also managed to toss my phone into one of her not pleasant diapers, but I'll spare you the details.
^^notice little Mattie at the bottom sneaking up to cause mischief 

3.  On Tuesday I watched a few extra kids throughout the day (which I am always happy to do.)  But by the time Bryan got home I had been home allllll day and begged for a little breather.  I went to Old Navy with the intent to look for some things for the girls but somehow found myself in a dressing room with a pile of clothes.  In my defense, nothing I bought was over $10 so it would have been negligent to just leave them there in the store.

4. Mattie is a full-fledged toddly walker and beside the fact that she's too little!!!!!!  I love it.

5.  We have some Chick-fil-A coupons that are expiring at the end of the month so I thought we'd go this weekend.  THEN I remembered that it is Peach Milkshake Season so I called to make sure they had them and yes they do and now they're all I can think about.

Happy Weekend - and go get yourself a peach shake!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes!! Don't worry--I definitely already had my first peach milkshake of the season. So cute that Jilly already has her first neighborhood friends. :) I can't believe about your phone! Well, if it makes you feel better, I dropped my scriptures into a toilet as a kid (an already-flushed toilet, but still). I used them for several more years. Gross, right?