4.21.2014

Easter 2014

Dying Eggs- Earlier in the week Jilly and I bought an egg dying kit and she talked about it alllll week long.  On Tuesday she asked every 5 minutes when we were going to "play the egg game" so finally I told her we'd do it in 4 days.  After that she'd occasionally run over to the clock and say "It's 4!  Time to do the eggs."  We have a lot to learn in the time department...  But when we finally made it to Saturday we had so much fun dying our eggs.

Food Truck Revisited- We had to go back to Lowe's again this weekend and there were some new food trucks in the parking lot so naturally we had to try them out.  Krush burgers were so, so, so delicious (overpriced, but delicious) and the girls loved the Hawaiian shaved ice.

Church- We had a wonderful Easter service then Jilly said the theme in Primary.  Her part was "The family is central to God's Plan" and we practiced over and over and over with a little (maybe a lot) of bribery.  When she stood up to say it she whispered something to the Primary President then stepped up to the mic and said it perfectly.  Later the Primary Pres. told me that Jilly had said, "I get a treat if I say it all by myself."  So I'm really glad we've started this precedent.  

We snapped a quick picture of the girlies in their matching dresses then threw them in the car to drive to Nana and Papa's house.

Easter Bunny- the Easter Bunny left baskets and hidden eggs at our house in the morning (Jilly got the Easter hat she'd been talking about for weeks, but then I never even got a picture of it!)  Then at Nana's house we had a delicious dinner, more Easter treats and another Easter egg hunt.  Both girls ate their weight in chocolate- clearly I am a model mother.  It was truly a lovely day to be with family and remember our Savior.


1 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love the family picture at the bottom. So cute!