4.04.2014

it's friday!

1. Mattie had a HUGE week.  She started walking (last Friday she walked 10 steps into Jilly's arms and has repeated the feat all week long, still prefers crawling though), suddenly noticed the stairs (it was a blissful 10.5 months, but now I'm in a state of constant vigilance), and became a screamer (which is a real problem because that girl has quite a pair of lungs.)


2. Bryan was on Jury Duty for a few days until he got released this week.  It was a murder trial and I was explaining to my 11 year old brother that everyone has the right to a jury of their peers and he looked at me incredulously and said, "Bryan's friend killed someone?"

3. On Wednesday night after dinner I put Mattie to bed and left her home with Bryan so Jilly and I could go shopping.  As a fellow oldest child, I know how exciting it is to have one-on-one time with a parent.  Jilly chatted the whole time and we loved browsing the aisles in Hobby Lobby.  I've been telling Jilly we need to make her some new summer dresses and she fell in love with this dress fabric.  So we bought some and I came home and made her a little dress (just sewed it together then added some thick straps.)  She loves it, and it's a fun reminder of our special night together.  


4. Yesterday my little neighbor (she's about 9) rang my doorbell and asked "Do you want to give money to help people who don't have a heart?"  Turns out she was collecting money to do Jumprope for Heart; I had to stifle a giggle.

3. We're very excited for Easter- I got out our decorations, massive bunny collection, and a few plastic eggs for the girls to play with til the big day.  And Jilly has reminded me over and over and over again that the Easter Bunny is coming and she will get a new Easter hat (I believe I have Dora's Easter Adventure to blame for this.)  So... the Easter Bunny better get on that. 

Springtime means lots of fun evenings out on the hammock

ps- I'm thrilled that General Conference is this weekend, come listen with us!

2 comments:

Bmar said...

As I recall, we haven't actually donated yet. We better donate or they might put us on the donor wait list for people who don't have a heart...

Lisa said...

Lol to Bryan's comment. And can I just say, "!!!!!!!!" to, "I came home from the fabric store and just whipped up this little (perfect!) number...." Amazing!!! Judging by the number of failures I had trying to make rice bags, I think I have a ways to go...