4.16.2014

weekend love

Last weekend we had no plans.  Zero, zilch, nada.  And it turned out to be perfectly wonderful.  Makes me wish I would slow down my crazy planning-obsessed self more often, but... probably not gonna happen. 

Saturday morning started with waffles (I got a waffle iron for Christmas and I declared that part of my gift would be that Bryan is always the waffle maker.  Pure genius.) and I finished making the girls' Easter bows.  After Mattie's nap we headed to Lowe's for some flowers and other fix-it stuff Bryan needed.  Out in the parking lot we noticed a couple of food trucks.  Just the night before I had been lamenting that I had never eaten at a food truck so it was like a sign from heaven (and maybe Bryan already knew there would be food trucks there.)  We got the "Asada Fries"- basically nachos supreme but on fries.  And, yummmm.

You want a closeup?

While Mattie napped Jilly and I planted these flowers and a few others in a hanging basket.  Then I squeezed in a quick nap.


When Mattie woke up we all went swimming.  The water was freezing so I stuck to the hot tub and Mattie stuck to sitting by the pool eating goldfish (and frequently sending them for a swim.)  But Bryan and Jilly braved the water for the first jump of the season.

After swimming Bryan went on a bike ride and I gave the girls a bath and got them all ready for bed.  When he got back we ate dinner, let Jilly watch a show, then put both girls to bed by 7:30.  Bry and I watched Flyboys, which I quite enjoyed. 

On Sunday we had a wonderful morning at church.  

Jilly drew her first family portrait in primary.  (You may notice a third child in there, must be a premonition of a future sibling because this is no announcement.)

After skyping with my family and eating dinner we went to the temple.

And basked in the lovely Sunday afternoon wishing Spring and this weekend would never end.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fabulous weekend! The flowers are beautiful and, no joke, when I saw the first picture of the fries, I thought, "those look so good!! I wish I could see them better!" And boom. Close up. This is why we're friends. :)