1. We spent a few weeks this Spring seriously thinking of moving further south. Bryan was offered a job and we went down to Raleigh for a weekend to check it out but in the end it just wasn't right for us right now. So we're happy to be sticking around B-more for a while. And...
2. We bought a house! Our "new" little house was built in 1958 and the woman we're buying from is the original owner. It's totally an old lady house (i.e. blue flowered wallpaper and salmon-colored walls) and I love it (and can't wait to make it our own.)
3. We have to be out of the home we're renting by tomorrow and our closing date on the new house isn't for a few weeks so technically we're homeless for a month. I was stressed about this until I realized that means we won't be paying rent or mortgage for an entire month. I have big plans (in the form of new furniture) for that saved money. And thank goodness for our wonderful parents who are letting us bum with them for a few weeks.
4. Jilly was super terrified all her treasures wouldn't make it to the new house (don't tell her, but this is not an unfounded worry since I've been doing my best to Marie Kondo my way through our house.) She has been constantly begging to help so she can make sure nothing gets cut.
5. Packing is quite a treasure hunt, even after only living here for a year. So far we've found Mattie's missing jelly shoe deep in Jilly's closet, some toys I bought for the girls and forgot to ever give (jackpot!), the tv remote that has been missing for 3 weeks (stuck inside the couch, not just under the cushions but somehow inside the couch- no clue how it got there), a library movie (grrr), and my Sacramento library card.
Posted by Rachel at 8:08 PM
two- This was a week ago but I felt I needed to document that we did not let National Donut Day go unheeded.
Posted by Rachel at 7:00 AM
Posted by Rachel at 7:29 PM
Posted by Rachel at 7:53 PM