Mattie: (whenever Bryan and I are talking and she isn't following) Slow down, slow down guys
After Jilly got dressed all by herself
R: You look pretty
J: I know, I spent a lot of time looking at myself in the mirror this morning
J: Mom, I have to tell you something really important. The earth must be really strong to hold up all the people and all the roads and all the buildings.
In the gas station getting a drink for me, but mean mom won't let the girls get anything
M: But mom, there are all the things I like in there!
After explaining to Jilly how to sort laundry-
J: (looking at her un-sorted laundry and then pointing at Bryan's) So are these the pretty colors, and those the not pretty colors?
Every night Jilly tells us a happy thing and a sad thing from that day-
J: (tearing up) My sad thing is that I can't think of a sad thing tonight!
Jilly runs to me crying
R: What happened?
J: I bonked!
R: What did you bonk?
J: I can't remember!
M: I want to take off my socks
M: Because they're angry
R: Why are the angry?
M: Because they're medium
Jilly trying to help Mattie say a prayer but Mattie keeps whispering instead of talking loud enough for us to hear
J: Mom, will you help her? She is stressing me
Jennifer Garner: What's in your wallet?
Jilly: I don't have a wallet!
(during Family Night)
Bryan: What are good things to do on Sunday?
Jilly: puppy monkey baby, puppy monkey baby
Just dropped Jilly off at a friend's house-
R: Just Mattie and me, I'm so lucky
M: I'm not lucky
Posted by Rachel at 3:30 PM
1. After the blizzard school was canceled for a full week as we sloooooowly shoveled out. When we couldn't handle being stuck inside one second longer I texted some friends to meet us at Chick-fil-A. This was the giggliest loudest kids' table and it was fantastic.
2. I've watched Grease Live twice this week and probably will watch it again soon. I think Bryan was impressed that I still knew every word to every song.
3. Like any normal two-year-old Mattie is obsessed with her crib and has zero interest in moving into a bed. She also insists on sleeping with every book, blanket, stuffed animal, and doll she owns and takes roll call before going to sleep to make sure every one is there.
4. My friend went into labor so I was suddenly the mother of 5 for a night. The kids were great and Jilly's greatest dreams came true to have her first friend sleepover.
5. We canceled our YMCA membership for the Summer/Fall since it was nice enough to exercise outside but we reinstated it this January (cliché much?) And it's soooooo good to be back, especially now that we live only 4 minutes away. And just like the rest of the country I'm obsessing over Hamilton and super motivated to run while I listen.
Posted by Rachel at 7:54 PM
Posted by Rachel at 8:06 PM
Posted by Rachel at 8:39 PM
Posted by Rachel at 8:19 PM