9.01.2017

April 2017

Spring!  It was a mild winter, but we were still so happy to see Spring arrive.  The first exciting event of April was having Kristen, Kirra, Knox, and Evie come visit.  They were only here for an afternoon but we fit a lot in.  I took Kirra with me to pick Jilly up early from school then we played at home for a while.  We all crowded in our van and went downtown for Shake Shack and Light City, which was so cool!  So lucky to play with our cousins!







I saw this sign at Target and told Bryan we needed it, he disagreed :)


I took the girls to see Beauty in the Beast one Saturday afternoon, I loved the new version so much and it was fun to see with my best girls


Cylburn Arboretum one Sunday afternoon



Livvy's half birthday!  We had our friends the Morrises over to share half a cake with us


Spring Break!  We were so happy to have Jilly home for a whole week.  We celebrated the first day by matching ;)


I wanted to get a little bonnet for Livvy then I was looking through her drawer for something else and lo and behold! we already had a baby bonnet. 


As we pulled into the parking lot of the temple the girls started singing "I love to see the temple."  I love this temple so, so much and I'm so grateful for every chance we have to be there.



Katie and I decided to go to the DC Zoo during Spring Break... along with the rest of the country.  We drove around and around looking for parking and finally found a spot on a parking app that was 1.2 miles away.  We decided to go for it and hauled all the kids the whole way into the zoo.  They were champs and we were exhausted but we made it!  The zoo was super crowded but we had a great time.



Ward Easter Egg Hunt- we had a huge crowd!  It was a lot of fun and the girls got to wear their matching dresses Nana made. 



Sherwood Gardens- I love love love all the tulips




We went down to Richmond for Easter weekend and had a picnic at Bryan park.  Jilly was blending in with the azaleas, she was cracking me up.


Best Uncle ever!


They had a cute little petting zoo at Short Pump Mall.  It was a big hit with all the kids.



We went on a little hike and all got super sweaty and dirty so the kids took a bubble bath in Gigi's tub


Easter Sunday - I was up most of the night with feverish Livvy and not in the best state of mind before church.  I was grumpy and short with everyone and was grateful especially that day for the reminder of our Savior's love and the power of the Atonement in our lives.  


We spent the last day of Spring Break at the aquarium with the Wilsons.  Spring Break was so fun, it left me eager for Summer and having everyone home!


Mattie having some issues with her swimsuit 


Another visit to Sherwood Gardens, I love Jilly's pose


Livvy was always a big fan of mealtime


Ballet pictures



Livvy's first time playing at the park- she loved it!




A perfect night at Prigel Creamery with all these cute kids


Every once in a while I can get the girls to sit for a picture between church and lunch, but only if I bribe them with cookies!


We went for a walk at Oregon Ridge one Sunday night and found this snapping turtle.  I had never seen one before and they're actually kind of terrifying!


0 comments: