4.18.2014

five fact friday

1. This week was Spring Break and even though we didn't really have anything to take a break from it still felt special.  The neighborhood kids played outside all day long til dark.  Last night we had to drag Jilly in sobbing because she wanted to play longer with the big kids.  And when you have a dad that's a biker, this is what happens when you spend any time outside.

2. We had an Easter Egg Hunt with our play group this week.  Jilly loved running around finding eggs.  Mattie, on the other hand, carried an egg around for a little bit then realized it contained sixlets and sat down to suck on the package til I came to the rescue and opened it for her.  

3. Lately I've been getting Jilly to help me with the cleaning.  I give her a rag and a spray bottle of water and let her go to town next to me.  Yesterday she was so excited when I mentioned cleaning the bathrooms she ran in, grabbed a chair to stand on, and started spraying away before I even got there.  (We'll be doing a DNA test next week.)

4.  Since Mattie turned 11 months old this week that means we're almost done with her monthly photos.  I'm quite certain Mattie won't miss these photo shoots, especially the end when Jilly joins her on the chair. 

5. On Monday we did our Resurrection Eggs for Family Night.  Jilly had seen them a few weeks ago and was so, so excited to finally open them.  She was really into the story, especially the "pins" that were used to nail Jesus to the cross.  That night we were saying prayers and she whispered to me, "Mommy let's pray for Jesus and the pins in his hands."  Oh my sweet girl.  Happy Easter!


2 comments:

Shauntel said...

I swear those babies just get cuter every day. And Mattie's face on the chair. I die. :)

Lisa said...

Double lol! The DNA testing cracked me up. I need to try that trick! And laughing of the picture of Jilly and Mattie. I love all your blog posts, but this one was especially good. :) I keep forgetting to do the resurrection eggs! I'm sending myself an email next year so it actually happens! Thanks for being one of my life mentors. :)