3.11.2015

last hurrah

On Saturday Bryan had to work (blah) so my family saved me from a long and dreary day by coming to visit.  We went to Oregon Ridge Park and it was the most perfect sledding day ever.  There was still a lot of snow on the ground but it was sunny and finally not freezing cold!  Throughout the day we were all stripping off layers.  There were a few small/medium sized hills and one huge hill (rumor has it that it used to be a ski lift.)  We climbed to the top of the big hill then I kind of started to freak out.  Luckily my dad went down with Jilly before I could decide to turn around.  I could tell that she was upset at the bottom so I jumped on my sled.  I was going so so so fast, it was kind of terrifying but also very fun.  I got to the bottom and it turns out Jilly loved the ride, she was upset because her hair had gotten wet when the snow had sprayed up.  Oh my Jilly.  

Later in the day we met up with Bryan for some delicious barbecue at Andy Nelson's.  It was such a great day because I really feel (hope!!) this was our last snow and Spring is finally coming!  It was a fun way to say hooray and goodbye to winter.  We went back to the park with Bryan later and it had turned into a water park- all the snow was melting and it was a slushy mess.





^ We wore little Mattie out. She fell asleep on my dad's shoulder while we were walking to the car

^ This picture is back from Christmas but I wanted to document that my 12-year-old brother and I have the same coat- his is the boy version with an orange zipper and mine has a pink zipper 





1 comments:

Janssen said...

You must be in heaven living so close to your family. What a dream!