1.30.2015

five on friday

1.  My parents had a keyboard they weren't using so my mom asked if we wanted to bring it home.  I whisked it out to my car before she could change her mind.  The only people that may not be happy with this development are our nextdoor neighbors.


2.  I always dish up the girls' plates before dinner so their food can cool off.  One night Mattie checked her plate and wasn't happy to see tilapia so she grabbed her plate and threw the whole thing in the trash then came to ask me for noodles.  This girl is giving me a run for my money.

3. A friend stopped by while we were eating dinner the other night and she said, "Oh, are you having a special Valentine's dinner?" And we said, "Oh, no, this is what it's like here all month."


4.  For Book Club we read The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.  I kind of let the month get away from me and on Monday night I was on page 270 of the 547 page book.  So I spent every spare second I had this week reading and finished at 4:30 yesterday just to check my email and see that Book Club was canceled that night due to snow.  Welcome to Baltimore where I'm not sure why anyone ever bothers to plan anything in January because everything gets canceled for bad weather!

5.  Yesterday we met Bryan for lunch and ate the hugest sandwiches I've ever seen.  We were still full at dinner time so I put together these pretty little salads with the easiest honey mustard vinaigrette- 1 tablespoon each of oil, vinegar, honey, and dijon mustard, whisk together then heat for about 15 seconds in the microwave.  

3 comments:

kali said...

Yay for a keyboard!! Are my eyes deceiving me, or does it light up pink?!
p.s. We are in the market for a kitchen table, and I like what you guys got going on there, can I ask where you got it?

Michelle said...

The moonstone! I've read that all the way through and I really like it! Apparently he wrote it before Sherlock Holmes novels, its technically the first real detective novel! It's a great plot actually. Had to comment on that ;)

Shauna said...

Bummer about your book club being canceled after stressing to finish it in time!