1.16.2015

five on friday

{one} One morning this week our girls both slept in til 7:15 which was the most glorious thing evvvvver.  Except that Bryan, who never sets an alarm because we can always count on the girls waking up early, is supposed to leave for work at 7:10.  Oops.


{two}  I committed an unpardonable offense and let us run out of hot cocoa.  Jilly made sure that it was on our grocery list and a few days later we were back in business.  And, how amazing is this mug Lisa sent me for Christmas?  She's a gem.



{three} Jilly had to get her four-year-old shots yesterday and it was quite a traumatic experience that could only be smoothed over with Chick-fil-A.  I made sure to time her appointment so we could make it to cfa before breakfast was over because Chick-n-Minis = my favorite food ever.  And when Jilly saw that the prize in her kids meal was a Franklin book she asked me, "Is it okay if I keep it this time instead of getting ice cream?"  I'm not sure how I feel about her priorities.



{four} While at the beach I realized that Mattie's hair is long enough for pigtails which is definitely one of the most exciting developments of her entire life.  Also, these girls played quietly and happily with a paper clip for 15 solid minutes.  I had to pick myself up off the floor after dying of shock.



{five}  Bryan has been especially busy at work lately, and when I told Jilly that he'd be missing dinner (again) she said, "So does he just want lots and lots of money?"  You got it girl.

3 comments:

Erick and Megan said...

I live Mattie's piggies! That last pic could b rosy from behind about three yrs ago. She used to wear all those piggies too! And did u get a new beautiful table?

Shauna said...

If my kids woke up before 7:15 on a regular basis, I'm pretty sure I would die. (Or maybe learn to go to bed a little earlier!)

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, there is so much goodness in this post, I am in overload. LOVE Mattie's piggies. Can't believe you all slept until 7:15. That is amazing!! Whenever one of us has to get up at a certain time on Saturday and Sunday and we think about setting an alarm, we both decide that is by some miracle we all slept until 7, it would be well worth missing anything. :)
Jilly writing on the grocery list is adorable. And she's so smart. Preferring books over ice cream. In fairness, that is a super tough choice. Those are two of your favorite things ever.
This post was adorable. Not gonna lie--kind of makes me hope I'll have a girl one day.