1.05.2015

Christmas Recap

Our Christmas was magical and fun and everything I ever hoped it would be.

The girls loved getting dressed up in their Christmas finery for church.  When Jilly saw this picture she said, "Oh!  My hair looks so beautiful!"  Modesty is not her strongest suit.


We drove down to Richmond on the 23rd and on Christmas Eve we went back to Short Pump Mall to see the big Christmas tree.  While our family was all together we crammed in for a family selfie. 



That night we did a family nativity, played Christmas songs on the chimes, and opened Christmas jammies.  My early-to-bed girls were exhausted with all the festivities; Mattie fell asleep while I was taking pictures and Jilly was asleep about 2 minutes later.


Christmas morning was a blur of presents and excitement.  We've officially entered the Barbie stage (oh help me!) and the girls got 8 barbies plus a unicorn.  Most of them were princess barbies, which I consider not quite as bad as real Barbies so I have found some solace.  They also got a variety of other toys and some darling new outfits- spoiled as ever!


(the first and only picture I took of the present-opening.  Too many gifts to worry about pictures!)

We spent the rest of the day playing with new toys, going on a walk, having our traditional fondue dinner, and going to see Christmas lights downtown.



3 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Next christmas I want some of that Anderson traditional fondue! Sounds like it was a great christmas

Lisa said...

Love seeing all your family together. :) looks like it was a magical time.

kali said...

Welcome to the barbie stage! I'm excited for you :)
And a little sad, hahaha! Wait till you see the ridiculous barbie house Jenna got for Christmas... "oh help me" indeed!
I love seeing posts about your family. They look like such a fun bunch!