2.06.2015

friday five

1. Mattie is officially dipping her toes in the Terrible Two's Water and so far she is loving it (I, on the other hand, could do without all the tantrums.)  I've started giving up control when it comes to her wardrobe but I die a little bit inside when I take her out in public while she's wearing one of her own outfit creations.  Exhibit A: the ever trendy socks + sandals combination, Exhibit B: a dirty pajama shirt


2. I love how much Jilly loves doing art projects, and it's so fun to see what she comes up with now that she has a little creativity of her own.  This week a little girl in Jilly's primary class passed away (she's had many medical challenges and has been in the hospital for a while- it's been so, so sad.)  Jilly drew a picture of a rainbow and butterflies to give to her family.  And another day while we were at the church Jillian drew Elsa on the chalkboard.


3. There were a few hours on Thursday afternoon when the temperature was above freezing for the first time in forever.  So we trotted ourselves down to the park.  We only stayed for 20 minutes but when Mattie's fingers started turning purple I decided we'd better head home.  But those few minutes of sunshine and fresh air did us good.


4. About a year ago I tried reading a chapter book with Jilly and she was definitely not ready yet.  Six months ago I tried again and she did a lot better, but we just never got into the book.  This week we started reading Charlotte's Web and she is loving it.  It's extra fun that it's the actual book that I read when I was young.  (Unrelated but Jilly is also loving our tradition of Sunday night brownies.)  Four year olds are awesome!


5. My favorite part about going to the gym is picking up the girls from child watch.  They both sprint towards me with the biggest smiles and come crashing at me with huge hugs.  And I feel like a million bucks.  An hour away from each other is very healthy for all of us.


Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

Erick and Megan said...

Oh that ruffley white dress on jilly is so adorable! And I totally agree about the hr away from each other. I can't believe it has been sooo cold there u poor girls! Better get some more hot choco! Oh and this is the wrong post but I wanted to ask if u have read the woman in white? It's another book by Wilkie Collins and is so amazing! I read it a few yrs ago and I was shocked at the plot turns and details. It's one of my moms faves from forever. I will have to read the one u read!

kali said...

Jenna and I are reading Charlotte's Web right now too! And it's actually my first time. Loving it!