2.20.2015

five fact friday

1. After our long, sick weekend we were excited to get out and play in the snow on Tuesday.  It would have been much more fun if Bryan had been home to play with us (dumb job) but it felt so good to be outside in the sunshine for a little while.  


2. Mattie has started saying "Oh man" a la Swiper the Fox.  It's the best thing ever, and she knows it because she really turns on the charm and starts repeating it right around bedtime.  Mattie also decided she was old enough to walk down stairs by herself (gives me a heart attack every time) and she's been taking very good care of all her babies.  


3. Jillian is turning into a sweet and thoughtful girl.  One day I woke up to find all the blinds open in our bedroom.  I asked Jilly if she had opened them and she said, "Yes, I didn't want to wake you up with my loud voice, but I wanted you to see that the sky had woken up."  Then while I was at the doctor with Mattie Jilly told Bryan, "let's say a prayer for Mattie so she won't be scared at the doctor."
  

4. I know you're sick of me complaining about the weather but it has been COLD this week.  We bought a space heater last week and it turns out that was just in the nick of time.  It is my best friend and constant companion- we carry it around the house with us to whatever room we're in and then all huddle around. 


5.  Bryan downloaded an app that may save our marriage.  The if this then that app let him program his phone so when he leaves a certain location (his office) it sends me a text that he's on his way.  Bryan leaves work anytime between 4 and 7pm and I was always bugging him to let me know when he left so I could get dinner ready but he was constantly forgetting (which I understand but still drove me crazy.)  So, now the problem's solved!  He also used the app to program his phone so he sends me an "I love you!" text every day at 10:04am  which seems like it would be annoying but I've actually enjoyed.  Smart phones- saving one marriage at a time.  

(totally unrelated picture but I had to include it)

1 comments:

The Daytons said...

We have the same play kitchen! and we are ready for the snow to be over as well! Your girls are so cute!