2.16.2015

homebound

Here's a little recap of our past week: Tuesday- Jilly has surgery, Thursday- Rachel gets the stomach flu, Friday night- Jilly starts throwing up, Saturday- Bryan gets stomach flu, Monday- Mattie gets an ear infection, Bryan has a stomach flu relapse.


Obviously it could be a lot worse but holy hannah, we're feeling a little bit picked on!  Add to this some snow and temperatures that didn't get above 25 degrees and we were definitely homebound.  Bryan and Jilly have not left the house at all since Friday afternoon (that's three full days), and Mattie only left today to go to the doctor.  It was not my favorite weekend ever but there were plenty of things to be happy about.

+ The girls have been SO GOOD.  They've kept busy reading books, coloring, dressing up, playing kitchen, watching movies, bowling on the Wii, riding bikes in the unfinished half of our basement, and just being silly.  The fighting has been minimal, which is quite miraculous.  And I know I mentioned this book last week but it has seriously kept us occupied for hours, and we're still only 2/3 of the way done.  

+ Church was canceled on Sunday because the weather was awful so Bryan announced "Church starts at 10am sharp in the living room, everyone please wear your nicest pajamas."  He told us a quick scripture story and it was possibly the best church I've ever been to.

+ On Sunday everyone was feeling well enough for some Valentine's festivities: heart-shaped pizza and Valentines sugar cookies!

+ Bryan won major brownie points letting me pick the movies we watched all weekend.  Friday was Sleepless in Seattle, and Saturday was Father of the Bride, parts one and two.

+ The girls were giddy about the little boxes of chocolate Bryan got them for V-Day.  They love carrying them around and choosing what chocolate they'll eat next.  I made them each a little sleeping bag for their dolls, which was a fun and easy little project.

+ During Mattie's nap today I left Bryan and Jilly at home and ran to the grocery store with every single other Baltimore resident.  We're forecasted to get more snow tonight so everyone was stocking up.  Despite the crowds I felt like I was on vacation wandering the aisles all by myself.  

+ As I type this the snow is falling and we're supposed to get at least 5 more inches.  It's looking like tomorrow will be another day inside and at this point all we can say is "bring it on!"








^ her "not a chance I'm sharing my chocolates with you" face 




5 comments:

Jana said...

Let's get all of the sickness out of the way while it's so cold we'd be house-boud anyway and save our healthy selves for the warmer weather! Hope everyone is on the mend!!! Stay warm!!

Shauna said...

Oh man, the stomach flu is the WORST! This will be a Valentine's Day to remember... At least it sounds like you had a good time despite the sickness. Here's to a healthier week for you all!!

Shauntel said...

Oh man. When it rains it pours. We so feel your pain. Illness I. The Cheney household tends to come all at once and lasts forever. I like to make myself feel better by saying we're currently building up superhuman immune systems? Sure.

P.s. Where did those darling dolls come from? I need. I mean, my girls need.

Shauntel said...

*Illness in the Cheney household...

I'm probably typing this in bed on my phone...

Shauntel said...

*Illness in the Cheney household...

I'm probably typing this in bed on my phone...