2.26.2013

de colores

We have been practicing colors with Jillian, but thus far she has only seen the need to learn one color- pink.  And why would you need to know any other color when you will only wear pink pajamas, have pink bows in your hair, use a pink toothbrush, eat out of a pink bowl, etc.?  I would probably be more frustrated with her stubbornness except I share her affinity for pink.  Nevertheless, I do believe it is important to learn the other colors as well.

Enter the Sisters Share it All Pinterest Challenge.  Janssen, Merrick, and Landen each picked 6 pins to do over the next 6 weeks and invited anyone else to join in.  I am a slacker, and instead of picking 6 pins in advance I think I'll just pick on a weekly basis.

Sisters Share It All: Pinterest Challenge
So this week my project was a Colors Book.  I've had this pinned forever, and realized it would be super easy because I already had all the supplies (free-my favorite price!)  I just went through my fabric scraps and sorted out a few fabrics for each color.  Apparently I don't like orange very much because I only had 2 orange scraps and thus not enough for an orange page (oh well.)  But I did have enough scraps to make a red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink page.  I cut the scraps with pinking shears and then sewed them on to pieces of felt I had leftover from the quiet books.  As you can see, I was going for ease over aesthetics.  As I sewed, most of the scraps went askew and my book is far from perfect.  But, it does the job and was very satisfying to finish so quickly.  I also cut letters out of my 6 different colors to make a cover page then attached it all together with rings.  






Jilly mostly prefers to stay on the pink page and rub the soft pink fleece scrap.  But I'm optimistic we'll have a color breakthrough soon.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So super cute! I heard a fun tip yesterday for learning colors: they only get to eat the m&m when they guess the color right. Not sure Blake is ready for something that serious yet (the only color Blake knows consistently right now is "Boo!") but I thought it was a cute idea. This book turned out amazing.

Janssen said...

This is very impressive!

Shauntel said...

Can you be my mom? I seriously want one of these. Love it.

Emily said...

What a fun idea!! I love the idea of Pinterest challenge- I might copy you on this in the next little bit :)

I love the color book! What a fun idea to teach colors and looks like a relatively simple and fun project to work on. Thanks for sharing!