2.22.2013

friday five

1.  This week I finished reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.  It was fantastic.  I seriously could talk about this book for hours (just ask Bryan.)  My favorite chapter talked about a study where children were monitored from when they were babies and there were certain behaviors the babies demonstrated that could show at a very early age whether they would be an extrovert or introvert.  As I was reading about the extroverted babies I realized I was reading a description of my child.

2.  I also finished The One and Only Ivan this week.  Everyone should read it because it's short and very sweet.  But, you should especially read it if you (unlike me) are an animal person.
3. We've been having waffles for breakfast most mornings this week (obviously frozen and not homemade.)  Nothing makes me happier first thing in the morning than Jilly asking for her "faffel."

4.  A stroll through the Target Dollar Spot (during which items seemed to hurl themselves into my cart) and lots of pinteresting has me so, so excited for Spring.  It definitely doesn't hurt that this Spring will bring us our own new little chicky as well.

5.  Last night Bryan and Jilly were playing in the other room and I heard a little voice say, "Mommy come look!"  And this is what I found:

1 comments:

Lisa said...

(1) Just requested The One and Only Ivan. (2) Can't wait to see your spring decorations, ESPECIALLY your chicky (3) Don't worry--Blake pretty much asks for waffles for every meal. I've only given in once this week, mostly because I was getting concerned he was starting to think it's an entire food group. If it were up to Blake, he would eat nothing but "Eee-oos" (Cheerios), "Cheese," and "Faffles."