2.12.2013

a valentine's craft

My biggest fear is that one day Jillian will tell me that she is sick of doing Valentine's crafts and activities.  And my heart will break.  But, for now she seems to enjoy them as much as I do so life is good.  We made these stained glass hearts while sitting on my bed and still wearing our pajamas- a sure sign that this craft is a winner.


Prep work- The day before I cut out lots of little squares from red and pink tissue paper.  If Jilly was just a little older she could have probably done this herself.  I also cut out a few heart outlines.
I stuck a heart outline to a piece of contact paper and left the sticky side up.  Jilly then filled up the inside of the heart with little squares.
 At this point she was done and I filled in the rest.
 Then stuck another piece of contact paper on top to seal it in and cut it out.
We ended up making lots of these and sending them off to family members.  Jilly could only handle doing a couple at a time, so I just put the supplies away and pulled them out the next day to make more.
The fun thing about this craft is that it could be adapted to fit any holiday- a four leaf clover, an easter egg, a pumpkin, a christmas tree, the possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

Christina (Cha) said...

So cute! Kylie has those same cute brown pajamas. If only we could all be as cute mom's as you are.

Suzie Soda said...

These look fun and festive. I couldn't get out alot this year...just a few things. But I set a cute buffet table for recipe club last night. I love Valentine's day. xoxo