2.25.2013

thoughts on baby 2

Today starts my third trimester, which is just about the happiest news I can think of.  So far I've been a huge fan of pregnancy #2.  For the past couple months I've felt great and often even forget that I am pregnant (and then I see my reflection.)  And, while I still have many, many fears I also feel much calmer this time around.  It is comforting to know that I've already survived 40 weeks of pregnancy, labor/delivery, and having a newborn.  I know this will be a different baby with her own challenges, but we've steered through these waters before and we'll figure it out again.  It makes me so happy that we'll have our spunky little Jilly around to make us laugh and remind us that it does get easier (and simultaneously harder.)  She is going to be the best big sister, and I can only imagine how much joy another little girl will add to the mix.  Because I'm more comfortable with the whole idea of having a baby it now seems even more magical and thrilling that we get to witness a new life.  Most of all, I can't believe how lucky we are to get our own new little baby in just a few short months.

my fresh new baby Jilly

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet post! This next little girl is so lucky to come into such a great family! I'm glad you've been feeling well :)

Any thoughts on a name for this next one?

Janssen said...

It is SO fun to have a new baby! Can't wait (and so happy that you're in the third trimester).

Steph said...

This makes me excited to have a baby number 2 someday. How fun that you're already so near the end of this pregnancy!