3.01.2013

friday five

1.  After our week of confinement from being sick, we went wild this week.  We met up with friends every single day and have been to 5 different parks.  It's been a great week!

2.  At my doctor's appointment this week I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment.  I had gone on a long walk the day before and hadn't eaten a huge lunch that day so I'm sure it was just a fluke (one look at me and you can tell I clearly have no trouble gaining weight.)  However, I do plan on taking my doctor's instructions to eat more cookies very seriously.

3.  This week Bryan's grandparents celebrated their 60th Anniversary and we got to go to a nice family dinner in their honor.  On the drive Bry and I were talking about how impressive and rare a 60 year marriage is; we only have 55 years to go!

4.  I tried my first Indian recipe for dinner this week.  I made Indian Butter Chicken and I thought it was delicious.  When I asked Bryan (who was kindly doing the dishes) what he thought he said, "I decided a while ago that no matter how it tastes I don't like any meal that uses every dish in the kitchen."  Guess I'll be doing the dishes next time we have this recipe!

5.  Bryan's parents have been wanting to have Jilly for a sleepover so she's going out there tonight.  Bryan and I are going to have a very romantic weekend- painting!  We're painting both girls' rooms and I'm so, so excited!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I didn't gain any weight after 28 weeks with Peyton. They kept saying I must have been losing it somewhere and gaining it back in baby. As long as you're measuring where you should be, I wouldn't worry!

Rog feels the same way about meals that use a lot of dishes. He does almost all the dishes in our home. I always feel like I use more dishes the first time I make something and then I use less and less the more I make it!

Emily said...

How awesome, for everyone, that Jilly gets a sleepover this weekend!!

I'm so incredibly jealous of you guys playing at parks in the sand and sunshine. It will be months before we are there....sigh.

Enjoy that you have a husband who does the dishes! I do it all in our home!