3.05.2013

a day in the life

About a year ago I posted what a day in my life looked like and I thought it would be fun to do again. So this is last Tuesday.

6:30am We hear noises coming from Jillian's room.  Bryan the Good and Brave gets her out of bed and takes her downstairs to play.  I promptly fall back asleep.

7am My alarm goes off.  I go downstairs and to see Bry and Jilly and switch the laundry (that I started the night before.)  I come back upstairs with Jilly, the computer, gogurt, milk, and graham crackers.  Jilly sits on my bed and watches Dora while eating her breakfast.  I get ready for the day and then get Jilly dressed and do her hair as well.

7:50am We're out the door.  I take Jilly over to a friend's house and then I head to the doctor for my glucose test (the test for gestational diabetes; you have to fast for 12 hours then drink this super yucky sugary drink then wait an hour and they take a blood sample.)  It's generally one of the more unpleasant parts of pregnancy, but I really didn't think it was too bad.  I quite enjoyed having time to sit and read sans Jilly.  I read a few articles from the Ensign then Mrs. Mike.

10:15am I leave the office and luckily see a McDonalds on the way home- I am starving.  I go to get Jilly and end up letting her play longer and chatting for a while.


11:15 We leave our friends.  We missed Story Time but still head to the library to return some books, check out new ones, and play on the computers.

12pm Jilly would never let me leave the library without a walk across the parking lot to play at the park and look for "doodle do's."  Jilly swings, slides, and chases after many roosters.

1pm We visit Bryan during his lunch.  The plan was to get Jamba's since they have a deal this month that some flavors are only $2.  But, this Jamba isn't participating in the deal so we go to Plan B- icee's at the gas station.  Jilly also has a banana and some crackers I brought with us in the car.

1:30 Jilly falls asleep as we drive home.  I carry her to bed then straighten up the house since we left in such a rush this morning.  After switching the laundry, loading the dishwasher, and taking out a bag of trash I make a sandwich and read blogs while enjoying my lunch.  My sandwich is so delicious that I make a second and eat it.

2:00 I turn on The Bachelor to watch the first hour that I missed last night and fold laundry.  Then I start to gather and put away my Valentine's decorations.

3:00 Jilly wakes up, and I give her string cheese and some leftover shredded chicken (she often ends up having a snack before naptime and a snack afterward instead of a real lunch, does this happen to anyone else?) I fold one more load of laundry while Jilly plays with the pile of Valentine's decorations and takes some excellent selfy shots with my phone.  I turn on a Disney station on Pandora which naturally leads to Jilly bringing me a "sparkey pincess dress" to wear while she dances.  I finish putting the decorations away, make my bed, and change into some pants (I had been wearing a skirt) and running shoes.


4:00 We drive to a nearby trail and walk to the duck pond, stop to watch for a while, then walk back to the car.

5:15 We get back home, I start making dinner (tacos), and Bryan gets home from work.
5:45 We have dinner then each eat a Girl Scout cookie.

6:00 Bryan and Jilly play while I clean the kitchen (Can we talk about the fact that the actual eating took 15 minutes while the prep and cleaning took altogether an hour? Annoying.)

6:30 We watch Jeopardy (because apparently we're 80 years old) and I fold the last load of laundry then read our new books from the library with Jilly.

7:15 Bath time for Jilly.  Bryan sits with her while I put away the laundry.

7:40 Out of the bath, jammies, more books, brush teeth, prayers, kisses, bed.

8:15 Bryan and I eat a few more cookies (poor little girl doesn't know what she's missing.) I do all the ironing while Bryan works on some stuff on the computer (he's in charge of the website for the local ASCE Group.)

9:00 Done with work for the day!  I read emails and some blogs and start writing this post.

9:30 I get in the shower (One of my Secrets to Happiness I have discovered in the past year is showering at night.  My hair dries overnight and I don't waste 40 minutes blowdrying it anymore, hallelujah!)

10:00 I read Mrs. Mike for a while then we chat, read scriptures, get ready for bed, and go to sleep.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am seriously impressed you set an alarm. Love this post! It's fun to see what your day is like. I'd be afraid to do that because my days are generally unimpressive. Or I'm just trying to do too many things at once. Like right now while I'm waiting for tax software to upload so I can do a tax return, I am watching Bachelor and reading blogs. Accomplished and impressive, right? ;)

Christina (Cha) said...

I might steal the idea about showering at night. Seriously, it is the hardest thing to do around here. Your day in the life is a whole lot more eventful than mine!