3.27.2012

a day in the life

A few weeks ago Janssen posted what a day in her life looks like.  I loved that little glimpse into her day and thought it would be fun to chronicle one of my own.  So, here is last Monday.

7:30 - I kind of wake up as Bryan gets ready and leaves for work; Jilly never sleeps past 7 so I'm enjoying this luxury instead of getting up with Bryan (wife of the year)

8:00 - Jilly wakes up and we eat frozen waffles for breakfast.  I check my email and make a grocery list while Jilly smashes banana all over her high chair.


8:40 - While Jilly plays in the bath I sit next to her and read The Happiness Project.  After she's dry and dressed I get in the shower.  As I get ready she plays with various toys and occasionally brings me a book to read (and by read I mean she flips the pages as I attempt to get a few words in.)  I may or may not let her chew on Bryan's toothbrush.

10:00 - Off to Walmart for a few groceries

10:45 - I put Jilly down for a nap and talk to my mom while I put the groceries away and make cookie dough

11:15 - Jilly is still crying in her bed.  Right then my sister calls so I decide to drive around and talk to my sister and let Jilly fall asleep in the car (this was not a model day for sleeping, things don't go well when we get off our usual routine)

11:45 - Jilly sleeps; I bake cookies, read scriptures, check blogs, unload the dishwasher, research staining wood furniture, and eat lunch.

1:45 - Jilly wakes up and I give her chicken nuggets and yogurt for lunch

2:15 - We drop the cookies off at the church for a funeral luncheon then play at a playground.  Jilly is ecstatic to be outside- we haven't played outside in 6 days because of rain.  On the way home we stop at Ace to get some wood stain.  (At home I realize that Jilly stole some glue and dropped it in my diaper bag, guess we'll be heading back tomorrow to return it.)

3:45 - We play with toys, read books, and dance to Pandora's Toddler Radio.  While Jilly is distracted I send a couple emails.

5:30 - Bryan gets home from work, we all go running around a nearby lake together

6:30 - We warm up leftover soup for dinner

7:00 - Bryan and Jilly build lego towers while I clean the kitchen

7:30 - We have a 5 minute Family Night using the nursery manual (tonight's lesson is "I can take care of my body," but perhaps a lesson on honesty would have been more appropriate.)  Bedtime routine- jammies, brush teeth, read a few books, clean Jilly's room, prayers, kiss goodnight, bed!

8:00 - I sand our new wood shelf while Bryan studies for his upcoming P.E. (professional engineering, not to be confused with physical education) exam. While sanding I listen to Crossed.

9:00 - We watch Alcatraz and eat cookies and milk

10:00 - We watch a few minutes of news, chat, get ready for bed, and go to sleep

4 comments:

Janssen said...

I LOVE that you did this - it's so fun to see what other people do, especially people with babies around the same age as Ella.

Emily said...

I would consider doing this except that it is rare that Elise and I are out of my pajamas by noon. Maybe if I get my life together like you...I'll let you have a sneak peak! Thank you for the great tip about the Toddler station on pandora. I NEVER would have thought of that. Elise and I have already danced around to it today!

Michelle said...

man you get a lot done during the day.

Suzie Soda said...

Sounds like a good day to me. xoxo