3.07.2012

Katie

Remember how all of my family lives a billion and a half miles away and it really stinks?  Yeah, I remember too.  But tonight that will all change, at least for a week.  My sister Katie is on her way here!  She'll be staying in our craft room/guest room/storage room/anything else you'd like to call it so  I decided to add a few little things to welcome her.

I got one of these flowers at Ikea last weekend and decided to make it a little vase.  First I painted an Izze bottle grey.  This was my inspiration for the polka dots, but I used paint tape instead of freezer paper.  I cut a few pieces of the tape and punched holes in them with a hole puncher.  I spread the tape around and painted the dots black.

(you use old diaper boxes when you're painting, right?)

It didn't work perfectly, so I used the wrong end of a foam brush to do touch-ups.  Voila!  A cheery little flower and vase waiting on the desk.

I made a welcome sign to go on the window using this free alphabet bunting.  

And, Jilly left a little present for her auntie- an extra toothbrush and toothpaste in case she forgot them and ear plugs- because Jilly isn't exactly known for her good sleeping habits.

We can't wait for Katie to arrive!

2 comments:

The Daytons said...

So fun! I knew Katie was leaving for a week, but didn't realize it was to see you! How fun! I love having her in our ward:) Have fun!

Suzie Soda said...

Have the best time ever! There is nothing like sisterly love..even though I don't have one but my girls are kind of like sisiters to me....and or course my friends. Have the time of your life and post the pictures. xoxo