1.14.2013

a weekend

I would be lying if I said readjusting to life at home has been easy.  We have struggled with the 3 hour time difference as well as the usual cleaning, laundry, cooking, and organizing.  We were desperate for a weekend together at home and it did not disappoint.

I reinstated Friday Pizza night after about a 6 month hiatus.  We made garlic chicken pizza and it was ah-mazing as usual.  We also had Magnum bars and a redbox after Jilly went to bed.

We spent Saturday morning reorganizing the shelves in our bedroom.  I should have taken a before picture, but trust me, it wasn't pretty.  We had about 15 million random cords floating around in the fabric box, so I labeled and organized them all into ziploc bags.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that anytime I need a cord I will know exactly where and how to find it.  We also had lots of random junk that had found its way onto those shelves.  Hopefully the shelves will stay in this organized state for at least a few weeks.

Next we went on a run/walk.  I ran as far as I could (about two miles) then we turned around walked back.  I enjoyed it while we were out, but paid for it that afternoon with a very, very sore back.  I suppose my running days are over for a few months.

In the afternoon Bryan went for a bike ride while Jilly and I ran some errands.  When he came home Bryan made us yummy sandwiches for dinner.  We went on a family date to Coldstone (their dark chocolate peppermint ice cream is delicious) then put Miss Jilly to bed.  I suffer from the Anderson gene that does not allow me to stay awake at night while watching tv or movies.  So I worked on a little craft while watching, and I am pleased as punch with how it turned out.  I'll share more later this week.

While I was dreading afternoon church we had a delightful, relaxing Sunday morning.  We had pancakes for breakfast, took our time getting ready, and I made soup to have for dinner.

After church Bryan's parents and Grandma came to visit and have dinner with us.  Jilly adored all the attention and loved showing off all her new toys.  We ended the weekend perfectly with Downton Abbey (and by we I mean I hung on every word and Bryan did his best to ignore until he fell asleep on the couch next to me...boys.)  After such a lovely weekend we're feeling much better about post-vacation life.

2 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

That Sounds like a fun weekend. We need to skype..I miss you guys. I especially like the part about Bryan trying to ignore Downton Abbey...Trevor makes me watch in a different room because he said their voices annoy him..haha

Lisa said...

Now that's what I call a weekend!