1.25.2013

five

1. This week Jillian has been sicker and grouchier than ever before.  For most of the week she could not sleep at all unless I was holding her.  Needless to say, I've watched a lot of Disney movies and not gotten a whole lot done (including sleep.)

2. Since we got married I've been making a "yearbook" to document each year.  I actually made a scrapbook our first year, but since then have used shutterfly (which is delightfully easy and mess-free.)  We got our 2012 book in the mail this week and Jilly and I love looking through it. (So does Bryan, he just hasn't spent as much time with it as we have.)

3. On Sunday I substituted in primary and talked to a lady I don't know very well.  She asked who my husband was and after I described Bryan she said, "Oh, I know exactly who you mean.  He is very good-looking!"  I had to agree.

4.  Our ultrasound appointment actually was not nearly as pleasant as we would have hoped.  Because of Jilly's sickness we didn't take her to a friend's house like we had planned.  She freaked out that I couldn't hold her and cried almost the whole time so she and Bryan waited outside.  Also, baby girl was a stubborn little stinker and would not change her position so it took forever to get all the images they needed.  We were relieved to finally be leaving the office at the end!

5.  Jilly has been practicing peek-a-boo for her little sister.  Freddy loves being the beneficiary of all this practice.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Having a sick kid is so hard! There are these beautiful moments when you get to hold a sleeping toddler, and then you remember that you haven't slept yourself in days. Hope she sleeps better for you!

Lisa said...

Hilarious that the ladies in your ward have been scoping Bryan out. :) so sorry Jilly's been sick and glad you didn't try to come this week so hopefully your visit will be healthy and relaxing. And Jilly looks like a peek a boo pro! She can practice with Blake because he still loves that game. :)