1.18.2013

friday five

1. We had a holiday party with Bryan's office this week (they were so nice to wait til we got back.)  With 3 two-year-olds coming, Bryan's boss kindly/wisely decided to have the dinner catered in the lunchroom at the office.  Dev, Jilly, and Kylie had a blast running around the room together while the adults ate and chatted.  It was a great evening.

2. I went to my first HOA meeting this week in hopes that it would be similar to a Stars Hollow Town Meeting.  Sadly, it lacked the drama, but these people are very passionate about our little neighborhood.  You should have heard them talking about whoever had left a few mattresses out by the dumpster (made me very glad it wasn't us!)

3.  When Jilly was a newborn we lived in a tiny apartment and I didn't have to go far in the middle of the night to get to the couch to sit and nurse her.  But now we have two stories and walking down the stairs in my sleep-deprived state would probably not be wise.  So I started checking craigslist every once in a while for a rocking chair and found this one.  It is in amazing condition and was quite a steal.  I can't wait to have a baby to rock!
4.  Speaking of the baby, he/she has become quite active in the past few weeks and I love the little reminders of his/her presence.  Baby has also started to protest when big sister climbs all over him/her.  Welcome to your life little one.

5.  My parents gave Jillian the movie Anastasia for Christmas.  She loves it and asks to watch "pincess movie" multiple times a day.  Jilly's favorite part is at the very end when Dimitri and Anastasia dance together and finally kiss.  She always giggles and says "kiss kiss!"  This is just a little concerning to us.

5 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

Rach! We have the exact same rocking chair. I found a lady here to recover the top for me for $30 and then I staple gunned a new cover over the otoman. I thought about painting it but was too lazy :)

When do you find out what you are having?

Allison said...

I love #4.

Janssen said...

Anastasia is an excellent movie - Jilly has good taste!

Lisa said...

Can't decide what I love most about this update: (1) Jilly's coat (2) Hearing baby updates (3) That Jilly loves kissing. :) So exciting about the chair!

Katie said...

"I went to my first HOA meeting this week in hopes that it would be similar to a Stars Hollow Town Meeting." This made me laugh! If only life could have the charm and drama of Stars Hallow, right?