1.28.2013

rain gutter bookshelves

This post could also be titled "Why Bryan is the best" or "The day Jilly couldn't keep her tongue in her mouth."

One day I showed Bryan this link and said "How would you feel about putting rain gutter bookshelves in Jilly's room?"  He replied, "Great, send me the link."  The link was sent and the next day he and Jilly were off to Lowe's.  They came home with a 10 ft long piece of rain gutter.  I was very glad I hadn't gone with them because they had to drive with the windows open for it to fit-brr!  

A couple days later Bryan cut the rain gutter in half, drilled the brackets into the wall, hung the gutters, and put the endcaps on (our shelves are right against the wall so we only did endcaps on the left side but other than that we followed the instructions on the initial link.)  The whole process took about 30 minutes and was a smashing success.  We are in love with our new shelves.
Next up: a pouf to go in that corner and finally painting the walls!

While I was in Jilly's room taking pictures I had to snap one of her tent.  We moved the changing table out of her room a few days ago and when she saw the changing pad she said, "Oh! A bed!"  She quickly snagged it and relocated it to her tent.  She loves to sit in there and read books. It looks so cozy, it may be hard to ever get it back from her!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness I'm so jealous of all you girls who have handy husbands! I LOVE the rain gutter shelves! They look so so so cool in her room and I bet Jilly loves them!

A pouf is on my list of things to make for Elise too! How funny- It will be my replacement for moving out the rocking chair, I'm guessing it might be that way for you too.

Love the tent, I can just picture her in there reading to herself. Too cute!

Katie said...

Super cute! I may have to use this idea when we get our house!

kali said...

Love the shelves! Such a good idea. And did you make that cute map?!?

Lisa said...

These are so amazing! I wish Blake's room was bigger than a postage stamp so I could make Bryan do this! (Notice I don't even pretend like I would do it). Seriously, they look awesome.