1.16.2013

diy silhouette

Way back in August I saw this frame at TJ Maxx and thought it would be perfect for a silhouette of Jillian.  Then my pretty frame sat around for a few months (as you've probably noticed I didn't exactly accomplish very much this past fall.)

Last week I needed a craft and decided to get to it.  It was hard to get a good profile picture of Jilly since she's such a wild thing.  But I grabbed my camera while she was busy playing with play dough and snapped a few pictures hoping one would work.  I decided that this one was the best.
I printed it out in 5x7 and started cutting along her profile.  I was nervous about cutting but it actually wasn't too hard.

Next I traced the cut-out picture onto a piece of black cardstock.  Because she was looking down and the back of her head was kind of cut off I actually only traced her profile.  The rest I just free-handed.
I cut out my cute little Jilly and glued it onto this pretty paper I found at Hobby Lobby and stuck it in my frame.  It looks perfect with my Valentine decor and makes me oh so happy.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

soooooooo cute! I've always wanted to do a silhouette but wasnt sure where to fit it into my decor. Valentine's is perfect! I might have to steal this. Amazing, as usual, Rach.