2.20.2014

A pouf and an apron

I mentioned over a year ago that I wanted to make a little pouf for Jilly.  I finally got around to making one for Valentine's Day.  This tutorial is awesome, and it was actually super duper easy.  The hardest part was filling it- I decided I wanted beans (like a bean bag chair) instead of just batting.  There were some on amazon, but they were expensive.  Walmart had some online that was a good deal but wouldn't be shipped until the end of February.  I looked at JoAnns and Hobby Lobby with no luck.  I checked at Walmart and a woman said to look at Michael's.  I went to Michael's and the woman there said to look at Walmart.   I was feeling very defeated and frustrated so I just ordered these from Walmart hoping for the best.  I got lucky- the beans arrived just a few days before Valentine's Day.  And, even better, the box is huge so I have enough beans to make at least one more pouf, and probably two more.  And, Jilly loves it.  A raging success.


When I was worried about the pouf not being done in time I decided to whip up (ha! like any sewing project is that easy for me) an apron for Jilly.  I made an apron to go with her kitchen a couple years ago for Christmas and she's been using that one for painting and helping me in the kitchen, but it was getting small and we needed another for when we have friends over.  Jilly loves this new apron and I had a lot of fun making it, so another raging success.

Jilly enjoying all her Valentine's presents- apron (I couldn't convince her to wear some other clothes as well), pouf, and The Little Mermaid (from my parents) - a very happy girl

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! That pouf is the CUTEST thing I've seen! I've also had that pinned for about a year now (probably a re-pin from you!) and have been too lazy or thought it looked too hard to make. Yours is so so cute. It looks like you bought it from Pottery Barn Kids.

I'm now inspired to make it too. I love that Jilly is only wearing her apron and nothing else. Ha ha. Love kids!

Jana said...

You might have just inspired me to make a pouf and a second apron for our little kitchen. So so cute!!!