2.28.2014

five on friday

1. Because a trip to Urgent Care wasn't enough drama for the week, we also got in a little fender bender.  A lady came over into my lane and hit the front passenger side of my car.  Luckily, the damage is minimal, insurance is being great, and we're all just fine.  

2. Mattie didn't eat solid food very much last week when she was sick.  Now that she's back to eating her philosophy is "I'll have what you're having thank you very much."  I'm really not that sad that baby food is on the outs.


3.  We recently discovered this chocolate chip cookie recipe and are in love.  We rolled the dough into big cookies, froze them, and have been pulling them out to bake when we need a little piece of heaven.  These are seriously perfect cookies- crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, and triple the size of a regular cookie.

4.  Jilly has really started to love riding her bike (finally!) and she's getting pretty good at it.  Only problem is she has absolutely no clue how to steer and runs into everything. 


5. In the very near future (!!!) the girls and I are headed east for a visit.  I'm no stranger to flying, however, the last time I flew with both girls by myself Mattie was less than 2 months old and just slept on my lap the whole time.  And, that's not gonna happen this time.  So, any tips, tricks, or good thoughts you can send my way would be much appreciated.  Thanks!!

4 comments:

kali said...

I probably wouldn't even know it was Friday without your updates! They make me happy!
And I love Bryan saying "go fast, go fast" in the video! Such a dad :)

Lisa said...

Yay girl going home! Glad you, the girls, and the car are ok. All I can say about flying is, good luck, let me know how it goes and then you can tell me how it's done before I go home this summer. :)

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

I seriously love the Friday five. It makes me feel like we don't love so far away. But it also makes me miss hanging out with you guys. Mattie is so stinking cute! We need to skype more.

Chace & Rivka said...

Can i just say, your blog is inspiring for me. You do such a good job of documenting the little things that will be so great to have a record of later on. I'm terrible at that. Keep it up. You're a doll. And those girls!!! Just as cute as their mama:)