2.21.2014

friday five

1.  This week I finally got up the nerve to cut Mattie's hair.  I only made a few snips- cutting off some long pieces in front, and it was finally time to say adios to the rat tail.  Bryan is in mourning. 

2. On Sunday my old roommates Lisa and Britney came to visit.  It was so fun to spend the afternoon catching up; I was so lucky to find those girls at BYU and somehow con them into being my friends.  Blake and Jilly loved playing together, and while we were walking around the temple (our favorite sunny Sunday activity) they posed just like this without any coercion.  I think our plans for this couple are coming along quite nicely.


3.  Mattie has had a sick week.  Jilly was never ever sick her entire first year of life so I'm not so comfortable with a sick baby situation and was a bit panicked.  Poor Mattie had a fever, cough and runny nose, and she threw up a couple times (all over me, naturally.)  As sad as I was for her, I did enjoy that her favorite thing to do was cuddle on my lap and hug her baby.

4. Due to Mattie's sickness I was a little sleep deprived this week.  One day while Mattie was napping I laid on the floor and played Memory with Jilly.  I know we finished the game (she beat me- half because I was exhausted and half because she is really, really good at the game.)  The next thing I knew I was waking up from a little nap right there on the floor.  Jilly didn't seem to mind, she had taken some toys behind our recliner in her favorite hiding spot and was sucking on one of Mattie's pacifiers (even though she gave hers up months ago she still likes to sneak a little hit when she can.)

5.  I posted every day this week- must be some sort of record for me.  I blame the Olympics and all the time I've spent sitting on my duff watching.  Happy Weekend!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Hope Mattie girl is on the mend!! I think we're going to go through Olympic withdrawals come tomorrow :)

Lisa said...

So impressed with Jilly's memory skills! I've been trying to do that with Blake but he doesn't quite get it yet. :)

Shauna said...

My kids were both sick a lot from 6-9 months. (But my kids are always sick a lot during the winter!) Hope she's feeling better.