2.19.2014

Valentine's Day

We had our preschool party on Thursday so on Valentine's Day we had a fun, relaxing day with our little family.  I was so excited the night before setting up some gifts and our festive breakfast.

I made a little trail of hearts for Jilly down the stairs.  She had been asking every morning "Is it Valentine's Day yet?" so I thought this would show her that today was the day!  She loved it.

French toast and heart strawberries

Jilly made a card for Bryan.  I helped her with all the writing, but she did the rest herself.  Bryan's favorite part is the little green rhino she glued on.

We packed up a picnic lunch (more heart sandwiches) and the girls and I had lunch with Bryan then we went to ColdStone for ice cream.  Bryan had some beautiful roses for us (one for Jilly and a dozen minus one for me.)
Bryan made dinner that night.  He made Chicken Bryan, which is our favorite meal from Carrabba's and what we ate the night he proposed exactly 7 years before.  I got out our china and lit a candle, and we had a fun and fancy dinner.  Jilly thought it was thoughtful of me to put a "blanket" (cloth napkin) at her place.  We're not really used to fine dining around here.  Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures!  After the girls went to bed Bryan and I ate these, but I did something wrong (perhaps cooked them too long?) because they were sub-par.  I'll have to try again sometime soon.  Even with the dessert disaster it was a perfect day with the people I love.

1 comments:

Emily said...

You know how to do Valentine's day!! Looks like everything was perfect and FUN!