3.03.2014

A Weekend of Single Life

Jilly got to have a sleepover at her Nana and Papa's this past Friday, which meant that we were left home with just Mattie.  It was so weird to go back in time to single child life.  On Friday afternoon it was so quiet at home, and I kept wondering what on earth I used to do with just baby Jilly.  My favorite moment of the weekend was when Bryan tried to get Mattie to play Uno (his and Jilly's favorite activity.)  He gave them each a pile of cards and told her the goal was to be the first to scatter all their cards.  She stared blankly then started nibbling on a card.

Mattie missed her best friend, but also definitely enjoyed all the attention and free reign on toys.   I kept imagining her saying "Hey Jilly, I'm playing with your puppy flashlight and your wand and your puzzles.  Come and get me."  It was a nice weekend, but by Saturday evening we were all happy to have our favorite three-year-old back.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Haha, you guys are both awesome parents. :)