3.28.2014

five on friday: home again

1.  We flew home from Virginia on Wednesday.  I'll be sure to thrill you with the details of our whole fabulous trip sometime next week, but for now I'm working on adjusting back to normal life.  It wasn't pretty, but we survived all our flights.

2. Bryan has jury duty this week so he wasn't able to pick us up from the airport.  That meant that I had to collect Jilly, Mattie, a backpack, diaper bag, 2 blankies, 2 carseats, stroller, and 2 suitcases and get everything out to the car all by myself.  I was nearly in tears just thinking about it.  But, I did it and my dear, wonderful friend Christina picked us up (even though both of her girls were sick.)


3.  Because he is the greatest human being there ever was, Bryan welcomed me home with a clean house and a fridge stocked with Dr. Pepper and cookie dough (I'm pathetic, I know.)  

4.  I thought that Jilly would be excited to come home and play with her toys, and she was thrilled to be reunited with her dress-up, but I didn't expect Mattie to be so happy to see our toys.  She crawled around all afternoon with a huge smile on her face playing with everything.  She really grew up in 2 weeks, she doesn't seem like a baby anymore.


5a.  I might die from this time change.  Yesterday Jillian woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 3:30am.  Mothering from 3:30am to 7:30pm makes for a looooooong and painful day.  Here's to hoping we adjust much much sooner than later.

5b. California welcomed us home with Spring!  There are blossoms and green grass everywhere and it is so beautiful. 

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I am way behind on comments, but can I just say I am super impressed you got both girls and all that luggage around by yourself?! I've always had help. I usually make Bryan go with me to check in my bags.