3.07.2014

friday five

1.  On Wednesday we kidnapped Bryan for lunch and took him to the library with us.  Usually I sit and read while the girls play with the legos, but Bryan (the fun parent) helped build an awesome lego house and made Jilly's day.  Also while at the library Mattie walked about 15ft while just holding on to Bryan's finger.


2. More sickness drama: We found out Jilly's infection was resistant to the antibiotic the doctor prescribed so he ordered her a new one.  When I got to the pharmacy I found out the new antibiotic was a pill.  When I told the pharmacist she was only 3 he said to crush up the pills and mix them in with yogurt.  Not surprisingly at all, that was a no-go for Jilly.  So I called the doctor and asked if there was another antibiotic she could take.  Three pharmacies later (first was my fault for not checking the hours, second was the fault of the woman on the phone who told me the pharmacy would be open til 9 but it really closed at 6, third time's the charm) we had Augmentin for Jilly.  The very next day I took Mattie in for her 9 month check-up and her ear infection had gotten much worse so they gave her a new prescription for... Augmentin.  So we're still druggin' it up around here, but happily both girls seem to be on the mend.

3. On Monday we made Orange Julius for family night.  Mattie, of course, was very interested in what everyone else was drinking and took this opportunity to learn how to sip through a straw.


4.  I met Janssen on my Study Abroad in London (which now feels like another lifetime ago.)  She writes for Disney Baby and asked me if I had any "mom secrets" for her post last week.  I came up with a couple and they're in her post here.  

5. It's a good thing that Mattie has such dark hair and Jilly was bald/had super light hair because without this distinction I'm not sure I'd always be able to tell their baby pictures apart.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Bummer that your girls have been so sick. Not fun.