3.31.2014

Virginia is for Lovers

Lisa always says that the only vacation a mom takes is to Grandma's House.  This trip to Virginia was definitely a vacation.  My girls were in heaven- lots of attention, so many fun outings, and all the chocolate milk Jilly could ever want.  I also really really enjoyed the relaxing break from normal life.  Bryan was going to a conference in D.C. for a few days so he came out early and spent a weekend with us in Richmond.  The only glitch in our trip was two visits to Patient First in two days- one for each girl (another ear infection and another bladder infection.)  But once the girls were better we had a great time. 

Playing Outside- Spring weather in Virginia is ca-razy.  Temperatures ranged from 30s to 70s in the two weeks we were there and often fluctuated 10+ degrees overnight.  When it was nice enough, we loved to play outside in the backyard and at a nearby park.






Downtown- One Saturday we walked across the bridge to Belle Isle and enjoyed the views of the city. 


BYU friends- We had a great day at the zoo with my friend Anna and her cute boys.


Another day we went to Kangaroo Jac's with Jana and her kids.  Jilly and Lily had a ball playing on all the inflatables together.



Maymont- a park with a petting zoo and beautiful grounds.  

 



Uno- This is Jilly's current favorite and she played no less than 95,000 games while we were there.  She won almost every time because I couldn't convince my softy dad to drop a Draw 4 on her.


Luna- Jilly and Mattie LOVE my parents' dog.  Jilly helped feed her every night which Luna loved because Jilly gave very generous portions.  And Mattie would get so excited when she saw Luna and learned to pet her softly.


Basketball- A friend joked that we came out just for March Madness.  It was fun to make our picks and watch some of the early games with my family.  We also got to see Tyler and Bethany play in their basketball games which was very exciting.

Book Club- I went with my mom to her Book Club.  They discussed Unbroken, and it made me really want to re-read it before the movie comes out at Christmas.

School of Rock Tribute Concert- My piano teacher (who also taught all my siblings) passed away very unexpectedly this past fall.  While I was home there was a tribute concert to benefit his family.  In addition to piano he taught other instruments and voice and would hold "School of Rock" concerts.  The tribute concert was one of these rock concerts and Jillian loved it.  She was dancing and singing along the whole time.  Apparently we need to take her to more concerts!

We also shopped, visited the library, watched movies, and just had a great time.  We're already counting down the days til we get to go back!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss your family and Richmond so much. Loved seeing the pictures!

Lisa said...

Such a fun trip! Love that picture of your dad and Jilly playing Uno in a tent together. Can't wait for the Unbroken movie! I remember while I was reading it saying, "How is this not a movie already?!"