3.10.2014

A Day in the Life

Around this time in 2013 and 2012 I did a "Day in the Life" post.  So here is the two child version, a day of my life in 2014.  This time I took a picture every hour to document.

My day kind of began at 5:15 when Jilly woke up (ack!)  I brought a variety of books and toys to her in her bed and threatened her NOT to wake up anybody else until we came to get her (at 6.)  Ten minutes later Jilly yelled for me and said she was hungry.  No and more threats.  Ten more minutes later Jilly yelled for me and said she didn't have enough books.  Major threats.  I go back to sleep.  Bryan gets up with both girls at 6 (saint!)

I wake up to find this happy girl, another happy girl getting her daily fix of Dora, and a supervising Dad.  I nurse Mattie, make lunch for Bryan, and check on the world according to facebook, my email, and instagram.

Bowls of cereal + Tap the Magic Tree

Girls play Potato Head together while I clean the kitchen, then the usual routine- Jilly runs upstairs to hide (either in her bed, her tent, or her closet), Mattie and I go up a couple minutes later to search for her, everyone giggles at such a ridiculously fun game.  Girls get dressed, Mattie goes down for a nap.

While I shower and get ready, Jilly does some pages in her alphabet workbook (it will be a sad day when Jilly decides her workbook isn't the coolest thing ever.)  I clean the upstairs bathrooms while Jilly debates what color she wants her nails painted.

Rainbow nails.  Five minutes later I do touch-ups.  Two minutes later Jilly decides she wants all-blue nails so we remove and re-paint.  Mattie wakes up, and I talk to my mom while packing a picnic lunch.

Folsom Zoo with our friends the Shurtz's - so, so fun

Standing up at the park, Not pictured- Jilly's massive tantrum when she stopped to look at something and the rest of us got ahead of her (you're welcome.)

A very rare and much appreciated nap, I carry sleeping Mattie in and lay her in bed, lunch + scriptures for me.

You thought you'd have some quiet time mom?  Haha.  I send a few emails and make some calls in preparation for our next Relief Society activity.

"I ate all my lunch can I have chocolate milk?" are the first words out of her mouth when she wakes up.  We all play together, Jilly begs and begs and begs and begs to watch a show (no!)  Mattie goes down for a nap and stays asleep this time.

A few rounds of Uno, then Jilly helps me make dinner, Bryan gets home, we eat dinner, Mattie wakes up, clean up the kitchen. (No picture during the busy busy 5:00 hour.)

Double riders at the warehouse where all cool families go on Friday night

Big fan of chocolate ice cream

Medicine, jammies, books, prayers, sleepover lasts .25 seconds.  Finally both girls are peacefully sleeping in their own beds.

Somehow this ended up in our cart at Costco so Bryan and I get a good start on the bag and some guacamole while watching a movie.

1 comments:

Shauna said...

I love Jilly's quilt! Every time it shows up in a post, I am reminded how much I love it. Did you make it or buy it?