3.13.2014

Ouch!

On Monday after dinner we went for a walk to enjoy our new evening hours of daylight.  Jilly was riding her bike and we passed by a landscaped area that had a few little cactus plants.  Bryan said, "Don't fall into the cactus!"  Famous last words.  Of course she fell, and this is what her poor little hand looked like.  


Jilly was freaking out.  I'm sure it hurt, but it also was itchy and scared her to death.  We put her in the bath and turned on a show to help her calm down and Bryan got to work with the tweezers.  After a while the bath got cold so she got out and sat on a blanket.  It took over an hour to get every little prickly out.  I worked on it for a little while, but Bryan was much better at pulling them out so I assisted and comforted.  


By the time we were done Jilly was exhausted so she fell asleep quickly and easily.  In the morning she told me her hand hurt so I put some lotion on it.  Then we spent the rest of the day flying to Virginia and she didn't mention it at all.  By the time we arrived and my mom asked her about it she couldn't even remember which hand it had been.  So, we survived our first cactus experience after all.

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

So sad! That looked painful, but I am glad she forgot about it quickly! Hope VA was fun.