1.03.2014

five on friday

1.  Jilly outed me this week while Bryan had the day off.  I was getting in the shower and she said, "Can I go to the store with you?"  I was confused and told her I wasn't going to the store and she said, "So then why are you taking a shower?"  Bryan thought it was hilarious.  So maybe I only shower when we're going out...

2.  Way back before Jillian was born I made a holder for all my necklaces.  Then sometime later I made a smaller one for Jilly to hold headbands, but it's now in Mattie's room.  Jilly has been begging me to make one for her room, and she desperately needed some jewelry organization so I finally got to it this week.  She loves it, and we think it's so fun for all the girls to be matching.


3.  I know this makes me sound a little grinchy but I could hardly wait to take down our Christmas tree and other decorations.  I now have an itch to clean and de-clutter every corner of our house.  I rarely feel this motivated to clean so I'm trying to get a lot done before I lose steam.

4.  Mattie's latest trick (besides crawling) is pulling herself up on evvvvverything.  She's delighted by her cleverness.

5.  My 28th birthday was on Sunday.  It was a very happy day full of messages from family and friends, presents, and chocolate pie.  I've never been a huge fan of having my birthday so close to Christmas, but this year I learned a reason to be grateful- the girls were still so excited about their new toys, they played happily all day.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

1. HIL-arious.
2. So glad you let me copy you. I still love my necklace holder! Don't know how I survived without it.
3. Me too! I even braved a trip to IKEA and I'm patiently waiting for a new BBB coupon to come in the mail to buy a spice cabinet organizer that I'm a little too excited about.
4. Adorable.
5. Glad you had happy girls for your birthday!

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Umm I need to know how to make a necklace holder! If we were sister wives you could be doing my crafting and I could be doing your cleaning and organizing.

The Daytons said...

Okay, I'm totally the grinch around here too! But, like you said I have to go with it, cause soon enough I'll be in my usually cleaning slump:) Did you use a specific tutorial for your necklace holder? I totally need to make one for me and for Jovie.

Kali and JT said...

Christmas birthday's are the worst. Is that horrible of me to say? My birthday is dismal every year!! I am guessing its because my birth is not nearly as exciting as Jesus's... long story short. I feel your birthday pain.

Sincerely your apparently grumpiest birthday buddy.
( no but seriously I can't find anything good about our birth-day so you should win a prize for finding a silverlining)- Oh I thought of a good one, we made it on our parents 1985 taxes, I bet they loved that!