1.06.2014

Sunday

Yesterday was our first Sunday switching to the 9am church schedule.  It was AWESOME.  All day long I kept repeating "I love morning church, I just love morning church so much."  But let's back it up a little. 

Bryan had meetings starting at 6am (yikes!) and I was slightly panicked about getting the rest of us dressed and out the door on time.  On Saturday night I got our snacks ready, bags packed, and outfits all laid out.  When Bryan left at 6 I got in the shower because Jilly was already awake and I figured I'd get as ready as I could before Mattie woke up.  We powered through the morning getting dresses on, hair done, and breakfast.  When we were all ready to go I looked at the clock and it was only 8:00 - 45 minutes before we had to leave!  Apparently getting us all ready wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  So we played for a bit then when it was time to get in the car Jilly realized that her bracelet had fallen off somewhere (of course) so we spent many tear-filled minutes searching and finally had to make do with another one of her 52 bracelets.  After all that drama we barely made it to church on time.  (One day my future self that gets multiple kids up and ready for the day and to school before 9am will one day laugh at this paragraph- laugh on future Rachel.)
^^ all getting ready together

It was Jilly's first day in Primary, and she was so so excited to be a Sunbeam!  My friend said that when they sang the welcome song to her and the other sunbeams she stood up there posing with her hands on her hips and the biggest smile.  During the two hours I checked on her no less than 4 times, not because I was nervous but because I wanted to see how happy she was.  

We all thoroughly enjoyed our lazy Sunday afternoon- naps for everyone, reading, playing with toys, a yummy dinner, skyping with family, watching a movie, and Bryan and Jilly made cookies.  I'm a big fan of 2014 already.

And, with all my free time I took these lovelies of my lovelies
  






2 comments:

The Daytons said...

Oh my goodness, doesn't that always happen?! Something goes wrong right when you have to leave even if you are ready:) a dirty diaper, a lost toy or bracelet, a sock they decided to take off...:) it is hard with little ones, remember when the kiddos are going to school at least they can help get themselves ready, so don't laugh too much future Rachel, it was rightfully stressful! Where do you usually get Jilly's cute jewelry, I need to start stocking up.

Lisa said...

Such cute girls!! All three of them. :)