1.31.2014

five on friday

(1) This is another excellent article I found making the facebook rounds.  I think her description of a day as a stay-at-home-mom is spot on.  And I love the point she makes about asking specific questions.

(2) We went to a church activity on Saturday and had our picture taken in the photo booth.  I love this shot because both girls seem a little unsure/embarrassed of their parents.  Sorry girls, you're stuck with us!

(3) This week as we were leaving the grocery store the cashier said goodbye to Mattie, who smiled and gave a little hand bob.  We've been practicing waving, and she'll often wave back at us, but this was the first time she waved at a stranger unprompted.  Of course Jilly and I cheered and celebrated as if we'd just won a free trip to Hawaii.  

(4) While we're on the subject of grocery stores, on another exciting grocery excursion this week Jilly twirled through the entire store yell-singing "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!"  No doubt the other patrons were sad to see their free concert end when we finally left the store.

(5) Poor little Mattie was blasted with a cold this week.  Her mission for the past 48 hours has been to cover as much of my body as possible with her snot.  And she's been quite successful.  I gave her a little bit of tylenol and she sucked every sweet drop of the cherry elixir then carried the dropper around for a while hoping for more.  My little druggie.  

1 comments:

Lisa said...

"both girls seem a little unsure/embarrassed of their parents." Hilarious! :)