1.17.2014

friday four

1. It may be because I was desperate for a good book after lots of blah, or because Bryan was gone for a night last weekend so I spent many hours in bed reading but I LOVED What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  I finished in four days (something I haven't done in a long, long time) and loved every minute of it.  Go read it.

2. This "winter" has been one eternal day of sunshine and warm temperatures.  While it hasn't been great for California's drought situation, it has been great for us.  My girls will be devastated if the weather ever changes.

3. We had preschool at our house this week.  We did O is for Owls, Oceans, and Octopuses and had a great time.  These kids are so cute and learning so much.

4. Jillian is sweet and darling and fun. . . until she's not.  And then she drives me batty.  This was a batty week.  We fought over doing her hair, getting dressed (and I have low standards- she went to the grocery store in her nightgown and slippers this week), sharing with Mattie, cleaning up toys, being quiet while Mattie is sleeping, not eating snacks all day, etc. etc.  My patience was tested over and over again, and I'm afraid I didn't always pass.  So, here's to a happy weekend and a better week with a nicer mom.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Added that book to my "to read" list. I didn't even bother reading the description because I 100% trust your taste. You've never steered me wrong. Keep reading because you're where I get all my recommendations! :)