1.02.2014

2014

We had a quiet New Year's at home, which was actually very nice.  On the morning of the 31st Jilly and I went to see Frozen.  She had already seen it with my sister, but I hadn't, and she had been wanting to see it again.  We both loved it.  I was in an indulgent mood and let her wear her Cinderella dress-up and glass slippers she got for Christmas and she was in heaven tapping around the mall after the movie.  


That night we finally used out fondue pot (that we got for our wedding 6.5 years ago) for cheese fondue.  It was good, but next time we'll definitely try chocolate fondue.  

 Mattie had a fancy dinner of cheerios and peach mango puree.

Around 8:00 we skyped with my family and celebrated the new year with Jilly.  We had filled a few balloons with confetti (pieces of construction paper I cut out with a hole punch) and had fun popping them over her.  We gave her a taste of sparkling cider (she thought it was gross) and put both girls to bed.  Bryan and I watched some movies and played games the rest of the night.  I may or may not have dozed for a bit but was awake at 12:00 to countdown, have some cider, and get my new year's kiss.

In the morning Bryan's parents came to visit.  We went on a little hike/walk and let Jilly play at the park.  Bryan and his dad also saw The Hobbit.  Then we just hung out at home eating homemade spring rolls, pepperoncini beef sandwiches, and lots of other snacky foods.

(One of my resolutions is to not let Jilly's hair look like this every day, one of hers is to not allow a comb within 2 feet of her body)

Mattie started the new year with a bang crawling the furthest she ever had before.  I posted her awkward little scoot on Instagram.  

We're happy to start a new year full of new adventures.

3 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

This sounds a lot like the New years we had only not as exciting. Trevor made me watch a scary movie and I was out by 11:30 I barely woke up at midnight to drink my sparkling cider.

Lisa said...

Mmm...pepperoncini...

Janssen said...

Sometimes being a mom is so fun, isn't it?