6.25.2013

Yesterday

Yesterday we woke up around 6:30.  I fed the baby then got breakfast for the family members who eat solid foods.  Jilly has had bad allergies for the past few days and she woke up with awful red, puffy eyes.

 I gathered all the laundry, including her bedding, in an attempt to get rid of whatever is causing these allergies.  Next on the allergy-fighting agenda was giving Jilly a bath.  While she was in the bath, I snuck Jilly's blankie into the washing machine (possibly my greatest success of the day.)  I got Jilly dressed and snipped her too-long bangs that had been driving me caa-razy.

By this time Mattie needed to eat again so I fed her and got her dressed.  Jilly and I spent a few minutes playing with smiley baby Mattie.
 

I talked to my mom for a little bit then vacuumed Jilly and Mattie's rooms while Jilly pretended the vacuum was a monster chasing her.  While in Mattie's room I saw my old journals on the shelf and decided to indulge for a few minutes.  I had been feeling nostalgic about our college days since reading Lisa's love story.  I'm glad I was such a good journal writer back then because those notebooks are seriously hilarious.

We came downstairs and I started some dinner in the crockpot.  Jilly said, "I'm hungry" and I looked at the clock to find that it was noon!  I had two girls that were hungry for lunch and I was still in my pajamas- no makeup, crazy hair, and I hadn't even brushed my teeth!

At this point I was struck by how glamorous my life is (ha!)  It may not be the most exciting life, but it is perfect for me and I'm so glad I have my little chickies.

fyi- I did finally get dressed (at 4:30pm) after changing both girls' outfits twice :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor Jilly! I hope her allergies get better soon. Mattie is so stinkin' cute, I can't wait to see her in person. I remember you being a great journal writer, so glad you got to read them. :) And I pretty much have days where I don't get dressed until 4:30 with one kid. With two kids, I'll probably go days at a time without showering. :) it's funny because you know it's true.

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Trevor looks just like Jilly when his allergies act up. Sounds like a pretty typical mom day. Some day's I just skip getting ready at all and just let Kirra wear her underwear all day-that way there is less laundry for me to do