6.12.2013

Gigi

I have never been more grateful for my mom than when I had my babies.  Both times she arrived right as we were being discharged from the hospital which was good because I'm not sure I would have let them send us home without her expertise and help.  On the way home this time she got the lucky spot between the carseats.
My mom stayed with us for a week.  She fed us, cleaned the house, filled our fridge and freezer before she left, and watched the girls every afternoon so I could take a nap.  With her help I actually felt like a real person those first few days.  I could shower, get dressed, and we got out of the house to do something every single day (three things that definitely don't happen every day when I'm on my own.) My mom even watched both girls one night so Bryan and I could go out to eat sans children (which felt downright luxurious.)
Having her Gigi here was such a treat for Jillian.  They shared a room and my mom was so nice to wake up with Jilly every morning (Jilly does not believe in sleeping past 6am.)  My mom took Jillian on so many fun adventures- they watched a parade, went to the mall and got a build-a-bear, and went to get ice cream together.  Having five girls of her own, my mom is quite the princess expert, which is something that Jilly greatly admires.
 The best thing about my mom is that not only is she immensely helpful, we truly enjoy having her company.  We miss having her here so much, but luckily we get to see her (and the rest of the family) in just a couple weeks when we go to Virginia!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Your mom is a superstar. So glad you had such a good visit. Whenever my mom comes and is about to leave, I always try to convince her to quit her job and move in with me. :)