6.24.2013

pre-Mattie projects

It's difficult to remember life before our sweet little Mattie, but there were a few things I was going to blog about before she surprised us and arrived 5 days early (bless her!)

Brown paper packages tied up with string-
Between Mother's Day, birthdays, and graduation I had lots of gifts to purchase, wrap, and send off (this picture only shows about half!)   I also let Jilly pick out and wrap a gift for Mattie, and we got a gift for Jilly from Mattie.  These presents kept me busy for a few weeks.

Another dress-
 
We got new curtains for Mattie's bedroom, but I still loved the fabric from the old curtains so I channeled Maria von Trapp and made a play dress using this pattern.  Jilly loved this dress and wore it for 3 days straight, and now I can't get her to put it on at all. Typical.

Mobile-
Bryan and I spent a whole night debating the pronunciation of mobile- is it mo-buhl, mo-beel, or mo-bile (with a long i)?  Anyway, making this mobile for Mattie was a perfectly fun and easy project.  I used this tutorial.  


After Mattie arrived I looked back over my "To Do Before Baby" checklist and was shocked that I never got to 'clean the blinds.'  Maybe before our next baby... but don't hold your breath.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE that you actually made a dress for Jilly out of curtains. You definitely win the Maria award.