4.17.2013

a dress for Jilly

I have finally accepted the fact that pants/shorts/anything that doesn't have good spin factor are no longer going to come near my daughter's body (without a huge fight, and at this point I have lost all the fight in me.)  So thus I have begun Operation: Summer Dresses.

I actually started this dress last fall.  I bought some jersey fabric to make a maxi skirt for me (side note: I made the waist a little too big so now it fits me perfectly and is my very favorite article of clothing as seen here.)  I decided to use the leftovers to make this dress, but it was already too late in the year so I made it for this spring.  Unfortunately I planned on Jilly growing about 3 sizes over the winter.  The dress is pretty big on her but that only adds to its spin appeal, and means she'll be able to wear it next year as well.  When I pulled the dress out last week all I had to do was attach the collar and hem the dress (which I did a terrible job on, but it's a play dress so we're calling it good.)  It is far from a masterpiece, but she likes it and I am thrilled to check something off my "Things to finish before baby" list.

Jilly is also modeling her new obsession- necklaces.  There are at least three around her neck at all times until I pry them off for her to go to sleep.  Never in my life have I met a child more girly than this one.

8 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Very cute...good job mom! I love girly girls. xoxo

Shauntel said...

Annabelle pretty much REFUSES to wear pants. Skirts or dresses only. She'd rather freeze than wear jeans. Can't blame her though.

In DC, we convinced her on one particularly cold evening to wear her pants. We took pictures, it was that big of a deal. Ha ha.

So I say hurrah for the dresses! And for your sweet sewing skills!

:)

Lisa said...

No you did not make that! That is ridiculously cute!!! You should start making you Jilly dresses two at a time and start selling them for ridiculously high prices. So cute!

Emily said...

It is a darling dress, I can see why she loves it! Love crossing things of your list, way to go!

Judi said...

I can't think of a better mom to have a "girly girl" than you! She is so darling! You need to post more pics of you pregnant! I can't even remember when your due date is...May?

Allison said...

our daughters were meant to be best friends. Your dress is adorable! Good job.

Steph said...

This is so stinkin adorable! I love the color of her dress AND the assortment of necklaces. Totally totally cute :) Nice work!

Katie said...

Well done! It's a good think you live in CA - she can probably get away with dresses most days of the year without a problem.