4.22.2013

Take me out to the ball game

We're trying to cram lots of fun into these next few weeks before our life takes a slow turn.  One of the things on our list was going to a baseball game so we checked that off this weekend.  First stop- Squeeze Inn for cheese skirts.  We ate there about a year and a half ago and both agreed that we could wait another year and a half to go again.  Though delicious, the incredibly greasy burgers and fries are not something I'd like to make a habit.  

Next stop was the game.  The baseball stadium has a grassy berm that you can take blankets and sit on which is perfect for kids.  Our friends the Clements came with us and we seriously had the best time.  Some of the highlights-
- I showed Jilly a picture of the team mascot (the Rivercats) and she would cheer "Go Kitties!"
- Listening and dancing to "Sweet Caroline" in honor of Boston
- Jilly and Afton playing on the blanket
- Nachos (I was still too full to try any, but everyone else enjoyed)
- Fireworks at the end (always the best part)

As we were leaving Jilly kept saying "I like baseball."  I'm pretty sure she shares my love for the atmosphere more than the actual playing of the game, but that's fine by me.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

So fun! I'm glad she has her signature necklaces on--can't go to a baseball game without those!