4.05.2013

friday five

1.  This week we did potty training boot camp  (I'd been putting it off long enough.)  Jilly's doing really well, in fact a little too well. Every morning I wake up at 5:30 to "Mommy! Hafta go potty!"  I cannot tell you how much I want to call back, "You're wearing a pull-up, just go in there!"  But instead I heave my (humongous) body out of bed and help her to the potty then start our day.

2. For Christmas Jilly and I both got rain boots.  Usually it rains a ton here in the winter, but this year that was not so.  This week we finally got to put on our boots and go puddle jumping and we had a blast.


3.  I was complaining to Bryan about my swelling feet and he told me, "Just stand up, you won't be able to see them anymore."  So helpful.

4.  For Easter I made Jilly a little pillow and blanket for her baby.  I love watching her put her baby to sleep with them.

5. It's been kind of a rough week around here and we are very, very happy to relax at home and watch General Conference this weekend.
 Come listen to living prophets

5 comments:

Janssen said...

Hooray for pottytraining! We just did it about ten days ago. I know I was the one putting it off. . .

Shauna said...

It's been a rough week here too! Conference could not be coming at a better time!

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Rachel, please come potty train kirra. I will pay you in biscuits and gravy! That is so awesome. I think if kirra saw Jilly doing it she would be more inclined to do it too. I love her cute baby blanket. She is such a cute big sister already. Love you guys!

Emily said...

Bravo for potty training- especially at that hour in the morning, you are a better mom than I am!!

The picture of Jilly jumping in puddles is darling!

Aren't husbands sooo helpful?! Stand up, why didn't I think of that! Not to mention that standing all day will only increase the swelling. Silly boys!

Lisa said...

Congrats on potty training!! Way to go! And the blanket and pillow are PRECIOUS. You are such a great mom!